Many people that are seeking weight loss or are excessively obese, look to a stimulant called Phentermine. Phentermine has shown to help in these areas, in addition to diabetes and high cholesterol. The down side is that many do not take into account the Phentermine side effects that may take place.
Phentermine should be given by prescription from a doctor. While giving an individual a weight loss consultation, the doctor should make the patient aware of the side effects of Phentermine prior to taking the drug and all associated risks commonly associated with taking the drug.
Phentermine Long Term Side Effects
When taking Phentermine, users will find there are many common Phentermine side effects; some of the most common being:
- feeling short of breath (even if only mild exertion takes place)
- chest pain, and feeling as if you might pass out
- swelling in the ankles and feet
- possible allergic reactions (users should contact 911 immediately if these take place)
- pounding in the heartbeat or chest fluctuations
- confusion, being irritable, or mixed up ideas (memory)
- possibly feeling extremely happy or sad
- the possibility of high blood pressure, blurred vision, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeat, or seizures.
These are the most common, and probably worst Phentermine side effects users are going to experience; and, in the rarest cases, as with most other medications, death can occur if not properly used, and if side effects of Phentermine are not properly treated immediately.
There are minor, and less common Phentermine side effects which have been noticed by certain users as well. Some of these include:
- the feelings of restlessness or hyperactivity
- headaches, tremors, and possibly dizziness
- sleep problems (which can lead to insomnia over time)
- dry mouth (or unpleasant taste in the mouth)
- diarrhea, constipation, or upset stomach
- increased or decreased sex drive.
Phentermine Diet Pills
Depending on how long a user is on Phentermine and the dosage they are taking, Phentermine side effects will vary for each user. As with any medication, some individuals have a higher tolerance rate to Phentermine than others.
In order to avoid the most serious Phentermine side effects, users have to make sure they are on the proper dosage, and that they are being monitored by their doctor when they are on the Phentermine drug. Additionally, they must let their doctor know of other medications (prescription and non prescription), and they have to tell their doctor immediately if the side effects do seem severe, in order to see if a possible adjustment of the dosage is required.
It cannot be stressed enough to be in contact with your doctor about any Phentermine side effects as they can be dangerous to and individuals health.